Life after lockdown- COVID-19
Since the past month, the entire country has ground to a halt. Schools and businesses have closed. More than 100 countries have told citizens to stay at home or face penalties. Social gatherings have been forbidden the world over. Life in lockdown has become, as people keep saying, ‘the new normal’. But what will be the next normal? What will life actually be like once the lockdown is lifted? Let’s have a short look on the post lockdown life.
Little bit about Covid-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is now the global public health crisis. COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown until the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. COVID-19 is now a global pandemic affecting several nations across the world.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that may cause disease in animals or humans. In humans, many coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus induces COVID-19 coronavirus disease. COVID-19 is an infectious disease that primarily affects the lungs.
The pandemic is going on like a storm. By focusing on all of the nation’s it affects, it can possibly make pulverizing social, monetary and political emergencies that will leave profound scars
Reliably, people are losing occupations and pay, with no way to get off knowing when regularity will return. Nations who seriously dependent on the movement business, have void lodgings and deserted coastlines. Every country needs to act immediately to prepare, respond, and recover.
Human life won’t be equivalent to it was before. We as a whole will see an observer for a tremendous distinction in our way of life. This COVID-19 pandemic will show us the world in an alternate manner. The things which were never occurred or we were intending to do, presently this COVID-19 mightily acquires those things our way.
How life can change after lockdown?
During this lockdown, the government has put a few limitations on our everyday schedules, which help us to stay away from this COVID-19. Be that as it may, what will happen once this lockdown and limitations are lifted?
But even when the lockdown is lifted, or more controls go, life will never be the equivalent again. Significant changes anticipate individuals as the nation will have better approaches for going to the office, sending children to school & colleges, shopping, traveling, hotels, watching films, or in any event, eating out.
As of now we are experiencing the greatest remote work experience in history. Remote working seems, by all accounts, to be the beginning of the new time for working society. Most of the organizations are presently looking towards the work from home facilities. This lockdown taught all of us to look at our work in an unexpected way. Many organizations are making this an opportunity to set aside operational cash required in the working environment, the time required for communicating to and back from work.
Here are some key trends that will shape the future of how we work: –
- No social interaction in the office. Maintaining physical distancing.
- Communicating to and back from the office will reduce
- Face to face interaction will reduce and organizations will give focus on video calls
- Office workspace can be used for other’s
- Organizations should set up occasional calls to employees to track deliverables and productivity
- Regular check-up should be happening while entering into the office
- Using of mask all day while at the office place
- Consistently sanitizing our hands
- Instead of AC office will open windows to encourage ventilation
- Rotation of employees, so that some attend the workplace one week, and others the following week, or hours can be adjusted
Once the lockdown is lifted, there will be a change in educational facilities. It’s not too easy for parents to send their children’s to school, colleges, and tuitions looking into this coronavirus situation. The NCERT has laid down guidelines for reopening of schools that have been closed in due to the COVID-19 outbreak. With the new norms and guidelines, the functionality of schools will have to be modified.
Here are some key trends that will shape the future of our educational institutes.
- Educational institutes will give more focus on online teaching
- No assembly sessions, seminars and gathering in school for a long time
- Students need to maintain social distancing
- Shift system in school & colleges- means, one set of students on one day and the remaining on other day
- Immunisation check at the entry gate
- One student per bench with 6 feet distance between two students
COVID-19 is badly affected the travel industries. According to expect, many occupation misfortunes to occur in these industries. It could take as long as 10 months for the industry to recover. As per WTTC, Asia being the most affected continent.
Here are some key guidelines for travel restrictions and enable tourism to begin again.
- Hike in the airline ticket price
- Social distancing between two passengers
- Health check-up in all airport
- Private car will use for short destination
- Car rental companies will probably offer extraordinary rates post-lockdown, with confirmations of every vehicle having been profound cleaned after each utilization
- Destination weddings will get reduced
All hotel industries are badly affected by COVID-19. In the future people will fear to travel, whether on business or personal to any places. And most of the travelers are check- in to hotels which will get reduced in the coming months due to COVID-19 pandemic wreaks havoc across the world. Hospitality industries are looking at a big change after the lockdown.
Here are some key guidelines for hospitality industries restrictions and enable hotels to begin again.
- Cleaning will happen through robot machines to reduce human contacts
- Breakfast may serve in rooms
- Daily thermal screening
- Aarogya Setu app will be mandatory for all persons staying in hotels
- Online check-in and check out option. One unique code will provide to their mail id or through SMS, which will help them to unlock the hotel room door
- Online payment instead of cash, credit card